Council Supports Local Small Business With New Community Business Hub
Published on 22 October 2021
Business start ups, entrepreneurs and established small businesses will soon have access to affordable office space and resources at Fairfield City HQ community business hub in Fairfield City Centre.
The project, an initiative of Fairfield City Council, is another key piece of infrastructure for Fairfield as Council continues to invest in the future of our residents.
“COVID has taken a lot out of our small businesses and that’s why Council decided to develop a community business hub to support business right here in Fairfield City Centre,” Mayor Carbone said.
“Small business is important to our City. We have more than 15,000 small businesses in our City. They are the lifeblood of our community and the more that they can succeed the more jobs we will have in our City.”
Available at Fairfield City HQ is:
- affordable office space available for short and long term hire
- hot desks and soundproof meeting rooms
- access to high-tech equipment and sound-proof recording studios including audio and green screen for content creation
- printing and scanning functions
- storage available including under desk and lockers
- fully functional kitchen facilities with complimentary tea and coffee
- access to networking events, workshops and programs to support business growth.
“Fairfield City HQ is ideal for start ups and small businesses that just can’t afford to pay a lot of money to rent offices and related equipment. The hub is also the perfect place for business people to collaborate and learn from each other,” Mayor Carbone said.
Fairfield City HQ will open for business on Wednesday, 1 December 2021, operating Monday to Friday 8am-7pm.
To pre-book office space, meeting rooms or the green screen and studio room visit https://www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/FCHQ.